These muffins are perfect for any and every morning or great as a brunch item. Filled with zucchini, but still eggy enough for the morning. You can also swop out some of the zucchini for some grated carrot or sweet potato or potato if you want, but I prefer it just the way it is. Enjoy!
- 3-4 cups zucchini, grated (about 3-4 medium zucchini)
- 9 eggs
- 1/4 c water or milk
- 1/4 c chopped parsley or chives
- 1/2 c grated cheese of choice (i used mozzarella)
- pepper to taste
- salt tot taste
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1Preheat the oven to 180'C / 350'F. Spray 9 muffin holes in a tray with non-stick cooking spray. (you might get 8-9 muffins, depending on how much zucchini you use)
- 2In a bowl, beat the eggs and milk, red pepper flakes if using and pepper.
- 3Add the grated zucchini, cheese and parsley to the eggs on mix.
- 4Add the mixture to the muffin pans and bake for 25-30 min.
- 5I like to add the salt after it is cooked, because the salt breaks down the protein of the raw egg, making it very watery if you do it before putting it in the muffin trays, but it will not make a difference to the taste.
- 6Serve with some sour cream or cream cheese and maybe some salsa. Enjoy!
- 1155 calories, 6 g carbs, 9 g fat, 14 g prot