This is literally the bottom line basic recipe for crepes. You can have these sweet or savoury, with cinnamon and sugar, or stuffed like the ones i made. You can make these lovely chocolate crepes by adding some sugar and cocoa to the batter with a little more milk to keep the consistency. Well this recipe is just very versatile so enjoy!
P.S. I stuffed mine with cooked cauliflower that I incorporated into a simple white cheese sauce to which I also added green peppers. I also added cooked sausage to the inside and topped it with simple sauteed tomatoes in olive oil and salt.
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c milk
- 1 c water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1Add all the wet ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk.
- 2Start adding the flour and mix well to avoid lumps.
- 3Add the other ingredients and mix well.
- 4If lumps do form, let the batter sit in the fridge for 30 min and stir again. Also you can add more water or a little bit more flour to alter the consistency, but remember it should be quite runny.
- 5Bake them in a non-stick pan and enjoy!