So if you don't like dates, you won't like this, but if you do, this will be amazing!
Be warned, these brownies do not have the usual texture, but that is to be expected, but they are oh so good and guilt-free so definitely worth it!
- 1.5 c rolled oats
- 1 c pitted dates
- 1/3 c cocoa powder
- 3/4 c plain yoghurt
- 1/4 c milk
- 1 mashed, ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c cocoa powder
- 1/4 c cococnut oil
- 2 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Shredded coconut to serve
- 1Preheat the oven to 180’C 350'F and grease a square baking dish and line the base with greaseproof paper.
- 2In a food processor or blender, pulse the oats, dates, cacao powder until the textur is like wet sand.
- 3Add the yoghurt, milk, banana and egg and blend until a thick and smooth batter forms.
- 4Pour the batter into the baking dish and smooth over. Make sure the batter is spread evenly in the dish.
- 5Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and allow to cool in the dish.
- 6Make the frosting by combining all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir until smooth. (only make the frosting once the brownies are done and cooled)
- 7Only when the brownies are completely cool, turn them out and frost them and sprinkle everything with some shredded coconut.
- 8Eat straight away or put it back in the fridge to let the frosting set to make the cutting easier and cleaner. Enjoy!