This can be a lovely side or add some cheese or an egg on top and enjoy it as a main. This is so yummy when you add a tiny bit of cinnamon on top as well. Enjoy!
- 4 sweet potatoes (small if serving as a side and medium if served as a main meal)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 250 g tinned lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 c vegetable stock
- 1/2 lemon, juiced and zested
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- sour cream to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 200'C / 400'F and prep baking sheet. Bake the washed and cleaned sweet potatoes.
- 2Meanwhile heat a saucepan on medium. Add the oil, shallot, garlic and yellow pepper. Cook for about 5 min, stirring occasionally.
- 3Next add in the spices and cook for 2 min, stirring constantly.
- 4Add the tomato, lentils, vegetable stock and lemon. Bring it to a boil and then immediately turn the heat to low and let simmer for 10 min.
- 5When the sweet potatoes are cooked, let cool for a few minutes. Slice open and fill with the lentil mix.
- 6Add a dollop of sour cream on top and serve. Enjoy!