Super easy, super quick and super delicious.Need I say more. Just do remember these are treats, they turn from healthy to not so healthy when eaten a lot. This is rather a good alternative to normal processed candy balls. Enjoy!
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 c honey or pure maple syrup
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5-2 c rolled oats
- 1/4 c dark chocolate chips, or chopped up dark chocolate (optional)
- 1In a pot, melt the oil over medium heat. Add the peanut butter, salt and honey or syrup. Stir until well combined.
- 2Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. As soon as it starts to boil, take it off the heat and keep stirring.
- 3Add the vanilla and oats. Stir to combine.
- 4you can either add the chocolate now to let it melt into the mixture or keep it to put on top at the end for serving.
- 5Take a cookie scoop, or just use your hands to form 10 golf ball sized balls. Place on a plate and refrigerate for 30-60 min before eating.
- 6Remember to top with the chocolate. these can be kept in the fridge for a week or two. Enjoy!
- 1235 cal, 25 g carbs, 14 g fat, 5 g prot.