A flavourful chickpea cake that can be made into balls or patties, but I made mine into these cakes. The are great on their own, but I do recommend having a dip or sauce with them. They are also totally vegan. Enjoy!
- 500 g drained, cooked chickpeas (2 cans)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 big handful of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 c wholewheat flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1Add all the ingredients into a food processor except the oil. Pulse until well combined.
- 2Form the mix into about 15-18 balls, 12-15 cakes or make them into about 8 patties. If you do decide to go the patty route, preheat the oven to 160'C.
- 3After everything is formed, place them in the fridge for 15-30 min.
- 4Heat a pan after the falafel has been in the fridge and start browning them in the oil for about 4min on each side over medium heat. (I do recommend a non-stick pan for this).
- 5Once this is done, just serve. However, if you made patties, place them in the oven now for about 10-15 min, just to cook through.
- 6I hope you enjoy this as much as I do, I decided to serve min on a pita with tsatsiki, salsa, avo and grilled eggplant. Enjoy!
- 1per cake if you made 12 cakes: 119 cal, 25 g carbs, 1 g fat, 4 g prot