This is a super filling snack or a lovely breakfast on the go that is somehow refreshing in a way. A lovely sugar free sweet treat plus super quick and easy to prepare. Enjoy!
- 2 c rolled oats
- 1/2 c desiccated coconut
- 30 g pecans or nuts of choice, chopped
- 1/2 - 1 orange, juiced
- 1/2 - 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 c honey
- 2 Tbsp almond or macadamia nut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1Preheat the oven to 160'C / 325'F and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- 2Place the oats, coconut, pecans and juice in a bowl and mix to combine. Transfer it to the baking sheet and toast for 10-12 min.
- 3Meanwhile, heat the honey, nut butter, vanilla and salt in a saucepan over low heat. Stir constantly until smooth.
- 4Add the oat mix back into the bowl and pour the honey mix over the oat mix. Mix it around until well combined and all the oats are coated.
- 5Spray a square baking pan with non-stick spray or coconut oil or line with baking paper. Pour in the oat mix and press down to flatten it and to make sure it is spread evenly.
- 6Bake for about 15 min. Let it cool completely and cut into squares. Enjoy!