This is a recipe that takes a little bit of preparation, but it is definitely worth it. It is a hearty meal that is perfect for when you crave some comfort food. I used a pre-roasted butternut squash, so keep in mind that it will take a little longer if you so not have one. I usually roast mine at 175'C / 375'F for about an hour to an hour and a half. I cut it in half de-seed it and then pop it in the oven. Enjoy!
- 500 g beef or lamb mince
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- Butternut Puree
- 1 medium sized roasted butternut
- 1/2 c crushed tomatoes
- 1-2 cloves of garlic to taste
- 2 tsp paprika
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 c cottage cheese
- Juice of 1/2 an orange
- 1Preheat the oven to 200'C or 400'F and prep a baking sheet by covering it in foil and spraying it with olive oil.
- 2Mix all the ingredients for the meatballs together and start forming medium sized balls, about 3 Tbsps in size. Place the balls on the baking sheet. Once all of it is done place it in the oven for 25-30 min.
- 3Scoop the butternut into a blender with the tomato, garlic, cottage cheese, juice and spices. Blend until it is smooth.
- 4Add the puree to a sauce pan and bring to a slow simmer.
- 5Prepare pasta and once cooked, add it to the saucepan with the butternut puree.
- 6Once the meatballs are cooked you are ready to eat.
- 7Assemble everything and top it off with some more grated parmesan. Enjoy!