This is some real comfort food perfect for a cold night. It is pretty straight forward. Enjoy!
- 6 cooked chicken breasts, cut into slices
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 250 ml cream (or you can do half cream, half milk)
- 6 Tbsp basil pesto
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- spinach linguini enough for 6 portions
- 1 c cut up green beans
- 1 c peas
- 1 Tbsp chicken stock powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1Star by adding your butter to a pan on low heat. Once melted add the flour to form a paste and then add your cream.
- 2Bring the cream to a boil and then immediately turn the heat back down so that it is on a slow simmer. Add the pesto at this point. As well as some salt and pepper.
- 3While your sauce simmers and thickens, grab a big pot and fill it with water and once boiling, add your pasta along with the green beans and peas.
- 4At this time you should also get a pan and add the chicken to it along with a 1/4 c of water and then sprinkle over the stock and nutmeg. Cook this just until the water has evaporated and remove from the heat.
- 5Remember to keep an eye on your sauce.
- 6Once your pasta and veggies are cooked, drain it and add to sauce along with the chicken to the pot. Mix everything through nicely and serve.
- 7You can serve this with some lovely crostini, or just sprinkle it all with parmesan. Enjoy!