This is a nice weekend brunch or breakfast treat that is oh so delicious and super quick to make. I like to serve mine with some whipped greek yoghurt into which I add peanut butter (I use a 4:1 ration of yoghurt:peanut butter) and I also add some dark chocolate chips, a tiny bit of and chopped pecans. Enjoy!
- 1.5 c rolled oats
- 1/4 c vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c greek yoghurt
- 1/3 c - 1/2 c milk
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- 1 large banana, smashed
- 1Add the oats to a food processor and pulse until it turns into a flour. Pour it out into a mixing bowl and add the rest of the dry ingredients to it.
- 2In another mixing bowl, mix together the wet ingredients. Now, gently mix the dry ingredients into the wet and allow the batter to rest for 10-30 min.
- 3Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray, oil or butter. Pour about ¼ cup amounts of the batter into the pan.
- 4Once you see bubbles form around the edges, flip and continue to cook until golden brown on both sides. (Keep flapjacks warm on a plate covered with foil.)
- 5If you decide to use the toppings I suggested in the description bar, now is the time to assemble it.
- 1306 calories, 42 g carbs, 11 g fat, 14 g prot